Whether you love or don't love Valentine's Day, love is in the air. At the end of the road, it's all about love, isn't it? You've soared and burst open, been hurt and stretched, broken and healed by love.
Love is the song and cry of your heart. Love is the deep, sweet desire of your body.
Love is learning to love you. Learning to love others.
Ah, love is such a richly colored thread in the beautiful tapestry that is your life.
We're all called to be lovers in a myriad ways.
Lover of yourself. Lovers with others. With or without sex.
And you learn the languages of love: empathy, kindness, care, compassion, forgiveness, boundaries, tenderness, respect, and understanding. Perhaps no where more significantly than with your family.
How are you called to be a lover? How do you receive, and how do you give? How do you love yourself?
What tender sweetness are you receiving now?
In what ways are you being stretched to love yourself or others more?
How is love tapping at your window that you haven't yet opened?
How to best listen and use this sound healing to support you:
This month's sound healing supports you wherever you are with love and whatever your heart is desiring. Allow it to enter you and work its magic.
- Gather your intentions, dreams and desires for love. Write them down, draw them, whatever works for you.
- Decide to gift yourself this sound healing to help you have them.
- Get comfortable. Lie down if you can. Close your eyes. Take a few deep breaths.
- Bring your attention to your fourth chakra.
- Listen to the sound healing, ideally on headphones or a good speaker.
- Receive. Open your body. Let go of your mind as much as you can. Allow the music to work in you.
- Notice what comes up, how you feel, where the sounds take you.
- After it ends, take some time to absorb the sounds.
- After, if you feel like it, write, draw, or move to your experience.
About the raga
This sound healing was created with an intention for love. A morning raga, it is influenced by the Raga Bhairav, the raga of the Heart. It's considered to be an emanation of Shiva. Although it's a masculine raga, it's exquisitely feminine and beguiling.
This image shows Radha and Krishna, a couple that embody human and spiritual love. They're perfect archetypes of the Divine Masculine and Divine Feminine.
© Victoria and Albert Museum, London. c.1770, Hyderabad.
My experience with Love
I'm always being stretched a little more, cracked open a little more to love. There are so many ways to love and I keep discovering its varied colors. When I've thought I couldn't possibly love, my heart gasped open to reveal an inner cave where love's been living all along, just waiting for me to enter. When I think I know love and have it down, I encounter a situation where I'm dismally closed. And then there are those times that come upon me when I'm suffused with love for the world. Or a love from Beyond suffuses me so I melt into its embrace.
I've so enjoyed this coming through for you. I'd love to hear how it impacted you.
Sending you all love,