Although most music is healing, a sound healing is an entirely different genre of music.
Sound healing is medicine. An activation. A transmission.
It moves energy through your body and energy field. It connects you with your soul / Higher Self. It makes it easier for you to plug in to Universal Energy / God / the Divine. It forges a link between you and Healing Beings who work on you through the music.
Sure, you can listen to a sound healing in the background while you work or relax, and it’ll work okay.
But to really receive it’s deep healing magic, your intentional engagement is essential.
Three Ways To Prepare
1. Set your intention
Set your intention for what you want from a sound healing. Your intention focuses and channels the sound to where you want it to go. Your intention also determines the healing’s outcome and effect.
2. Be receptive and open
Allow yourself to receive. Open your body. Let the music enter your cells.
The more receptive and open you are, the more you will receive.
Let go of your mind, its assumptions, preconceptions, judgments, and blah-blah. In fact, send your mind on a spa break.
Healing happens despite and beyond your mind, not through or because of it.
3. Trust. Believe. Have faith in what you don’t know and can’t quite see.
Mystery, magic, and miracles exist. Your right brain and Soul can access universes beyond your conscious mind.
You create your reality according to what you believe. And what you believe, you allow to become real. What you don’t believe, won’t manifest or be realized.
The amazing thing about healing (and sound healing) is that you don’t need to know. Your body responds. Your heart and soul guide. Your Inner Healer — not your mind — knows what to do and where to direct sounds.
So, open to the mystery. Take a leap of faith. Listen for murmurings and intuitions that are the breadcrumbs to More.
Open to the More that is You.
So what’s the best way to listen?
- Write, draw, or hold in your awareness your intentions, dreams, and desires.
- Decide to gift yourself time and this sound healing to support what you want to create in yourself and your life.
- Find the best space available to you now. Will you listen to it in front of your laptop, on a comfy chair, lying down on a couch or on the ground? Lying down is better than sitting because it gets you out of your mind easier and you receive better. If you can do this outside in nature, that’s best because then you’re lying in Mother Earth’s energy. Make yourself comfortable with cushions and a throw.
- Close your eyes. Take a few deep breaths. Bring your intentions into your awareness.
- Start playing the sound healing ideally on a really good speaker or headphone.
- Bring your attention to your body, to a specific chakra, if you know which one.
- Receive. Open your body. Let go of your mind as much as you can. Let go of everything, including your intentions. Allow the music to work in you. Surrender to the music as much as you can. Let yourself go wherever the sounds take you.
- After it ends, take some time to fully absorb and resonate with the sounds.
- After it is complete, if you feel like it, write, draw, or move to your experience to integrate it.
10. Repeat. Repeat. Repeat.
Most healings take time. Repetition.
If you’re drawn to a particular sound healing or want to work on a particular issue, listen to the healing multiple times. Put one on replay for a sitting, or play it over days and weeks.
How else do you use and integrate sound healings? I’d love to hear.